BUYER BEWARE!!! HABITEC SECURITY IS A DIRTY COMPANY!!!!

Toledo, Ohio 3 comments

BUYER BEWARE!!! HABITEC SECURITY IS A DIRTY COMPANY!!!!

Just because a business has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating; it does not mean a company is reputable or operates with integrity in the way it treats its customers!!!

I purchased a Habitec Security System with a warranty after I did much research on the company and contacted references supplied to me by their Sales Representative. After 3 weeks from the time it was installed I noticed that the motion detectors and alarm system were not working properly, I requested a service call to repair my system. After calling back multiple times to get this problem resolved, I was promptly told by the someone at their "Command Center" (who was extremely rude to me) that a service man could not come out to fix my system for a about month due to the fact that they were backed up on service calls.

It took 2 months before the service man came out and take a look at my system. After he spent about 2 hours looking at our system he advised me he would have to order a part to repair it. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I NEVER RECEIVED THE PART THAT THE SERVICEMAN ORDERED AND CONSEQUENTLY MY ALARM SYSTEM NEVER GOT REPAIRED!!

In order to cancel my contract with Habitec Security, I had to write a letter to advise them to cancel it. TO INSULT TO INJURY, THEY KEPT CHARGING ME AND SENDING STATEMENTS TO MY ADDRESS EVEN AFTER I HAD SUBMITTED A FORMAL WRITTEN CANCELLATION LETTER IN WRITING TO THEM!!! After many calls to their offices this matter finally got resolved but not until I spent an enormous amount of my time, effort and money (for repeated service calls).

I now have a Frontline Security System and I am happy with the service I have received from them. They have certified alarm dispatchers (while Habitec Security I recently found out does not have). In the long run I paid more for a Habitec Security System (if you add up all the expense and harrassment I went through) then I did with Frontline.

So, please for your own peace of mind, be careful before you enter into a contract with any security company and if you have to, forward this information to any of your loved ones (especially if they are elderly) before purchasing any Habitec service or product!

Review about: Security Alarm Contract.

Comments

These guys are going out of business

I had the same problem. I'm going with Buckeye!

Toledo, Ohio, United States #686642

Good afternoon, my name is Nicole Wert, Executive Assistant to the President at Habitec Security. I apologize for your experience. To properly track your experience, please contact me directly at 888-422-4832 or email at nwert@habitecsecurity.com.

Your feedback will help ensure that this doesn’t happen again to another customer.

Thank you.